CEI Today (California Environmental Insider) has been reporting on California's environmental regulations since 1987. CEI Today's timely, accurate and impartial articles cover the latest environmental regulatory initiatives, legislative developments, and court decisions.
Published twice a month, CEI Today keeps you current on:
- The latest developments in California's groundbreaking climate change and greenhouse initiatives.
- The latest initiatives from California's Air Resources Board and local air districts, whose actions often establish standards picked up by other states and the federal government.
- The efforts of the state and local California agencies regulating water quality, water rights, and the drought.
- Developments and litigation action covering Proposition 65 and the Safer Consumer Products program.
- Annual list of environmental bills introduced in the California Legislature and list of bills sign by the Governor.
- CEQA and land use issues, along with the latest updates on endangered species and wildlife regulations and litigation.
- Regulatory, legislative, and court developments at the state and federal level that impact California.
Each one-year email subscription to CEI Today entitles the subscriber to:
- Up to 5 employees of the subscriber's organization may receive email copies.
- The same 5 employees may have access to CEI Today's website at CEIToday.com.
Who we are:
- Lana Beckett, Publisher. Lana acquired CEI Today in 2016. Since 2004, she has continually published Prop. 65 Clearinghouse and organizes annual Prop. 65 Conference events. She has been involved in hosting the Green Chemistry Conference for 6 years and published the Green Chemistry Clearinghouse for 3 years.
- Wendy Crittenden, Managing Editor/Marketing Director. Wendy is a key figure in managing CEI Today's website content, mission and vision. Wendy is also the Managing Editor for Prop. 65 Clearinghouse and Marketing Director for Prop. 65 Clearinghouse's annual conference.
- Scott Parris, Web Engineer. Scott designed and coded our website and various applications.
- Roger Pearson, Special Correspondent. Roger was the editor and founder of CEI Today. He also practiced law for 15 years at law firms in Los Angeles and San Francisco and as in-house environmental counsel for two Fortune 500 companies.
- Fiona Smith, Writer. Fiona is the lead reporter for CEI Today. She covered environmental and energy issues for more than eight years at the Los Angeles and San Francisco Daily Journal. Fiona has also worked as a reporter for the Associated Press in Bolivia and Mexico and was a staff writer for the Whittier Daily News.
YOUR RIGHTS AND RESTRICTIONS
Each subscriber to CEI Today has the following rights and obligations.
All of the information and content contained in or displayed on CEI Today or CEIToday.com, as well as the look, selection, and arrangement of the publication and the website, is owned by the publisher of CEI Today (Environmental Clearinghouse LLC). A subscriber may not republish the content on any Internet, Intranet, or Extranet site or incorporate the content in any database, compilation, archive, or cache without the express consent of Environmental Clearinghouse LLC. Except as set forth below, organizations may not distribute any of the content to others, whether or not for payment or other consideration, and may not modify, copy, frame, reproduce, sell, publish, transmit, display, or otherwise use any portion of the content without the express consent of Environmental Clearinghouse LLC. Requests for reprint rights of any sort shall be directed by e-mail to the publisher at Lana@CEIToday.com or via telephone 415-391-9808.
- Subscribers may, on an occasional and irregular basis, incorporate small portions of information from CEITODAY.COM in communications to their clients or for other purposes during the normal course of business. Subscribers may download and incorporate select articles in an internal archive for use among a restricted group of the organization's personnel. This permission is subject to the requirement that the source is cited each time content is distributed or archived.
- For each subscription, subscribers may copy and distribute the current CEI Today issue to up to five employees in the organization. In addition, the same five employees may access CEIToday.com using the subscriber identification number and password provided at the time of your initial subscription, or email address and password that has been reset since initial setup. Any additional distribution or web access without the express consent of Environmental Clearinghouse LLC is prohibited and is a violation of copyright law.
To add additional users, please contact the publisher at Lana@CEIToday.com or via telephone 415-391-9808.
The material available through CEI Today and CEIToday.com is provided for informational purposes, is general in nature, may not reflect the latest changes in the law, and is not an attempt to accurately restate the law of any jurisdiction at any point in time. The contents are not intended and cannot be considered as legal advice or counsel. Before taking any action based upon this information, consult with legal counsel. In no event shall Environmental Clearinghouse LLC, its publisher, or anyone who contributes content to CEI Today or CEIToday.com be liable for any damages whatsoever, and specifically for special, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages, or damages for lost profits, loss of revenue, or loss of use, arising out of or related to CEI Today, CEIToday.com, or any information or content contained therein.